Introduction to Materials Testing
DescriptionLearn about static materials testing. Course highlights the basics of static testing including mechanical properties, load/elongation test curves, different types of testing, stress and strain, modulus, yield, preset point calculations, and application testing with live demonstrations on computerized materials test instruments. Observe and perform tensile, compressive, flexural, peel tests and learn to interpret test curves and calculated results.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand basic materials testing terminology, theory and concepts
- Understand typical load/elongation test curves and be able to distinguish between different types of curves.
- Do's and Don'ts when running typical tensile, compression, flexure, and peel tests
- Learn good testing procedures when using a computerized testing instrument to perform tension, compression, flexural and peel testing.
- Learn the importance of system calibration for data accuracy
- Understand specimen geometry and the importance of specimen dimensions.
- Calculate stress, strain, elongation, modulus, offset yield, and advanced calculations
- Be able to interpret application test curves and to label major points and results.
- Understand different types of strain measurements.
|09/28/2020||1||Nashville, TN Area||$810.00||Register|
|10/26/2020||1||Louisville, KY area||$810.00||Register|
|11/09/2020||1||Las Vegas, NV||$810.00||Register|
*Price does not include lodging and meals