MT Series Low Capacity Torsion Testers
Designed primarily for low-capacity (450 µNm - 225 Nm) torsion testing of materials and components, the MT torsion systems offer accurate, multi-turn capability, high rotational stiffness, and minimal axial friction. The system torque cell is attached to a movable crosshead, which can be left free-floating or clamped during testing. When left free-floating, the user can apply an axial pre-load to the specimen using a weight and pulley arrangement. Closed-loop servo-control of the electromechanical drive is provided by 5900 Control Electronics and Bluehill Universal Software.
- Dual linear slide design provides high-rotational stiffness and low-axial friction
- Adjustable crosshead locking system allows crosshead to be free-floating or fixed during testing
- Interlocked test space enclosure enhances operator safety
- Digital control electronics allow for accurate and repeatable test results and fast control response for both torque and angle
- Torsion testing software offers easy test set up, graphical data plots, automatic calculation of desired test results and flexible reporting tools
- Torque Cell protection device minimizes the chance of over-ranging low capacity torque cells during test set up
- Optional axial preload assembly applies a constant tensile or compressive load during test
- Range of low-capacity torque cells are available down to 0.225 Nm (2 lbf-in)
- Designed and sized to easily fit on a lab table top
- Maximum Torque Capacity: 22.5 Nm (200 lbf-in)
- Maximum Test Speed: 120 RPM
- Maximum Torque Capacity: 225 Nm (2,000 lbf-in)
- Maximum Test Speed: 60 RPM
- Bone Screws
- Luer Lock Connectors
- Biomedical Products
- Torsion Springs
- Automotive Components
As the preferred solution for low-force torsion testing and component in-service simulation, the MT MicroTorsion Series test wires, fasteners, switches, and springs in the biomedical, automotive, and aerospace industries.
- 0.6 MB
Bluehill Universal Software is built from the ground-up for touch interaction and an intuitive user experience. Discover simpler and smarter testing with features such as pre-loaded test methods, QuickTest in seconds, enhanced data exporting: and Instron Connect – a new feature that provides a direct communication link to Service. Users of previous versions of software such as Bluehill 2 and Bluehill 3 can easily upgrade to the newest version of Bluehill.
- 4.4 MB