MPX Series Motorized Pendulum Impact Tester
Available in capacities from 300 to 900 Joules, the MPX Motorized Impact Tester is easy to operate making it suitable for high volume test labs. Ideal for testing to Charpy and Izod standards, the system includes an integrated guard and safety control system that meets the stringent requirements for the European CE mark and for ISO 13849. Bluehill® Impact automates Charpy/Izod testing with Instron’s powerful Bluehill platform.
Features and Benefits
- Automatic test start at door closure for efficient testing and adherence to standards for non-ambient specimen testing
- Safety enclosure with interlocks protects the operator by preventing the hammer from releasing when the doors are open, or the door from opening while the hammer is swinging
- Bluehill Impact’s real time analog dials with a digital interface providing simple visual of absorbed energy
- A high resolution encoder accommodates a wide range of capacities so one machine can perform both high and low energy impact tests that are accurate to less than 1 Joule. Learn why this is so important.
- Optional interchangeable hammer weights conveniently adjust the system capacity without removing the hammer shaft
- Charpy anvil inserts and striker are selectable to meet a wide range of international test standards, including ASTM E23, ASTM A370, ISO 148, EN 10045, GOST 9454, AS 1544, JIS Z2242, and JIS B7722
- A wide range of impact testing accessories and kits
- Foundation preparation kit, including template and fasteners
- Supports for testing sub-sized specimens
Need to test sub-size specimens? Click here to learn how.
The Instron® MPX Series of motorized pendulum impact testers are preferred for metals impact testing to Charpy and Izod standards.
- 2.1 MB
Built on our popular and adaptive Bluehill platform, Bluehill Impact is Instron’s newest and most powerful impact testing software. The new platform, with its meticulously crafted visual design, is built from the ground up for touch interaction. Bluehill Impact features large touchpoints and intuitive gestures to make the user experience simpler and smarter than ever before. Bluehill Impact not only increases the power and flexibility found in previous versions of Instron’s impact testing software, it also boasts many advanced capabilities such as pre-loaded test methods, real-time analog dials with digital data, and enhanced reports and data exporting.
- 2.1 MB