This Privacy Notice applies, in general, to all Websites operated by or on behalf of ITW and its business units worldwide, (including but are not limited to, www.instron.com (and all sub-sites) and not to any third-party sites that may be accessible from here.
After reading this Privacy Notice, which is incorporated into and is a part of this Website's Terms and Conditions, you will know:
- What information Instron collects from you and how we use it
- Legal basis for processing your personal information
- How long we retain your personal information
- Who we share your personal information with
- Choices you have about how Instron uses your information
- How Instron protects your information
- What Instron does about children visiting this Website
- How you can contact Instron
- Changes to the notice
1. INFORMATION INSTRON COLLECTS FROM YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
Active Information Collection
Like many other web sites, we actively collect information from our visitors both by asking specific questions on this site and by permitting you to communicate directly with us via e-mail. Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc.). Instron uses this information for the purposes of pursuing its ordinary course of business as described in more detail below. For example, if you provide your resume to Instron for purposes of obtaining employment, the resume will be used for activities related to your potential employment. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
We collect information from website submission forms, including sales enquires and service faults to provide support to our customers. The information provided in these forms are only used for their intended purpose, and only seen by those processing the enquiry. The information submitted via the website is only stored if necessary, in line with our Retention Policy, and is otherwise destroyed.
Passive Information Collection
Some of the information we collect depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. In addition to the information sent by your web browser, as you navigate through a web site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as navigational data collection.
Like most web site operators, we track IP addresses, use both session and persistent cookies, and assign Internet tags. Our system also automatically gathers information about the areas you visit on this site and collects operational information about the technology you use, such as your browser, type of computer, operating systems and Internet service providers, as explained further in our Cookies Notice
We passively collect information to understand what areas of this site are most popular, which areas may require improvement and what technologies are being used by our visitors. This information helps us to update and improve this site. We also use this information for security purposes, to detect and to block security breaches and to provide you with a safe online environment.
Instron uses a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of the website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to the website.
In general, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information. However, we may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
2. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below
3. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Instron retains the personal information collected on the web site as long as necessary to provide the services, products and information you request or as permitted by applicable law and in line with our retention policy, applied under GDPR.
4. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We may share your personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
Note, when someone visits www.instron.com we use a third-party service, Google Tag Manager and Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- A potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- Any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
5. CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT HOW INSTRON USES YOUR INFORMATION
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time.You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time.Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You may send us an e-mail message at [email protected]to exercise the above rights. To protect your privacy, we will only respond to e-mail messages sent from the e-mail account you used to set up your account. Should you elect to have your information deleted, we will also delete your user account.
6. HOW INSTRON PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect your personal information. Instron will not sell personal information collected from its web site to mailing list brokers without your express consent. All information is stored within a secured database that is not accessible to the outside world. Resumes are stored on file systems that are not publicly accessible . All Instron servers are protected behind both hardware and software firewalls. Low-level access to all information is restricted to authorized support personnel only.
This site contains links to other web sites operated by third parties that may be of interest to you. We cannot control these third-party sites, which may collect personal information from you. When you follow a link and leave this site, you do so at your own risk.
7. WHAT INSTRON DOES ABOUT CHILDREN VISITING THIS SITE
This site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from site visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online. If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such information be deleted from our records, you may do so by using the feedback mechanisms provided, or by writing us at the address set forth in Section 5 below.
8. HOW YOU CAN CONTACT INSTRON
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Privacy Notice or the information practices of this site, please contact us at:
825 University Avenue
Norwood MA - 02062
COMPLIANCE AND COOPERATION WITH REGULATORY AUTHORITIES
We review our privacy notice on a regular basis. Our procedures and practises are in line with the GDPR set by the EU, which will remain the case after the UK has left the EU. For more information, please contact us at [email protected].
9. CHANGES TO THE NOTICE
Instron reserves the right to update or modify this Privacy Notice, at any time and without prior notice, by posting the revised version of this Privacy Notice on our Instron Website. If we modify this Privacy Notice, the modifications will only apply to personal information we collect after we have posted the revised Privacy Notice on the Website.
10. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) gives California residents the right to know what personal information we collect about them, including whether it is being sold or disclosed to third parties. The CCPA also grants certain other rights to California residents, including the right to delete their personal information (subject to certain exceptions) and the right to prevent us from selling their personal information. Companies are also prohibited from retaliating or discriminating against consumers for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
California residents also have certain rights with respect to our use and disclosure of personal information:
- Right of Access. You have the right to request that we disclose or provide you with access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we collect from you. However, in certain situations we are not required to delete your personal information, such as when the information is necessary in order to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, to provide a good or service requested by you, to comply with a legal obligation, to engage in research, to secure our Website and Online Services, or to otherwise use your personal information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information. We do not sell your personal information. If we sold your personal information to third parties, you would have the right, at any time, to direct us not to sell your personal information.
- Right Not to Be Subject to Discrimination. You have the right to be free from discrimination or retaliation for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA as described above.
We value the security and confidentiality of your personal information. Therefore, if you exercise your right to notice, right of access, or right to deletion, we must first verify your identify to make sure that you are the person about whom we have collected personal information. We verify every request carefully and ask that you provide a scanned copy of a government ID along with your request for verification purposes.