Note that this page highlights only releases that have significant features included. You can see a summary of all the releases in the Release Notes section that can be accessed from the Windows Start button-->All Programs-->Instron-->Help-->Bluehill 3 Release Notes.
Download the latest update from the WSA website
New Product for Results Management
Learn more about TrendTracker
- TrendTracker™ plugin for Bluehill automatically exports Bluehill results to the TrendTracker database at the end of the test
- The Plugin includes a Batch Export feature that migrates years of existing Bluehill 2 and 3 results into the database, making the data searchable overnight
, our new software offering to manage test results.
Control and Data Acquisition
Improved Testing Workflow
- New 5900 Advanced Performance Option extending data rates upto 2.5 kHz and 0.5% load cell accuracy up to an industry leading 1/1000th of the load cell capacity
- Automatic strain rate control that adapts to system compliance on the fly and simplifies the test setup workflow for standards like ISO 6892
- Digital data acquisition from Instron environmental chambers and other Eurotherm temperature controllers using RS-232/485 connection. Learn more.
New test methods
- New Control Chart graph type to visualize variation in a sample. Learn more.
- New Average curve as a representative curve for a sample
- Expression Builder support for automatically computing the cross sectional area of complex specimen geometries
- More events provide automatic voice feedback for easier test operation
- Bluehill 3 for Multi Station systems
- Improved closed loop control to achieve tighter tolerances on load, strain rate and extension control modes
- Advanced Diagnostic Tool for 5900 series to enable precise diagnosis and faster troubleshooting
- Increased range of bandwidth settings for optimized data capture
- Six new preconfigured test methods for ASTM and ISO standards in the Composites Application Module
- Help documentation available in Russian
- Support for Windows® 7 64-bit
- New Reverse soft key to reverse the crosshead motion
- Temperature units include Kelvin and Fahrenheit
- Support for automatic extensometers MFX, M300 and M500
- Access measurements to build expressions
- Option for a fourth ramp for metals testing
Bluehill 3.0 Series
- Pause and Resume soft keys for greater control with manual operation
- Offered with 3300 frames
- Supported on a Windows 7 32-bit operating system
- Supported on frames with clutches
- This is a major release with significant enhancments over Bluehill 2. See if you can upgrade!