Note that this page highlights only releases that have significant features included. You can see a summary of all the releases in the Release Notes section that can be accessed from the Windows Start button-->All Programs-->Instron-->Help-->Bluehill 3 Release Notes.
Download the latest update from the WSA website
- User calculation with conditional logic
- This opens up a wide range of calculation possibilities. Based on a user defined logical condition Bluehill can report different calculation results based on whether the condition is True or False. For example fracture toughness standards that involve the calculation of KIc require checking of validation criteria for acceptance of the test results.
- New calculation for Fracture toughness critical point (5%/Max)
- So far this calculation has been offered only in custom software packages for customers who requested it. Starting 3.41 this is available in the standard package.
- New calculation for compliance corrected energy.
- This is useful for standards like ASTM D5045 where the energy absorbed by the crack tip needs to be determined by subtracting the energy absorbed by the rest of the load string and frame from the total energy.
- New Yield point calculation option to determine the end of linear elastic region.
- New Yield point calculation option to determine EUL yield as referenced in ASTM E8
- Till now this was done using a user defined calculation. Starting in 3.41 it will be available as a standard option under Yield calculation
- Ability to change the responsiveness of automatic specimen protect feature
- End of test criteria option to specify absolute load drop value (in addition to % drop) from Peak value
New Product for Results Management
Learn more about TrendTracker
- TrendTracker™ plugin for Bluehill automatically exports Bluehill results to the TrendTracker database at the end of the test
- The Plugin includes a Batch Export feature that migrates years of existing Bluehill 2 and 3 results into the database, making the data searchable overnight
, our new software offering to manage test results.
Control and Data Acquisition
Improved Testing Workflow
- New 5900 Advanced Performance Option extending data rates upto 2.5 kHz and 0.5% load cell accuracy up to an industry leading 1/1000th of the load cell capacity
- Automatic strain rate control that adapts to system compliance on the fly and simplifies the test setup workflow for standards like ISO 6892
- Digital data acquisition from Instron environmental chambers and other Eurotherm temperature controllers using RS-232/485 connection. Learn more.
New test methods
- New Control Chart graph type to visualize variation in a sample. Learn more.
- New Average curve as a representative curve for a sample
- Expression Builder support for automatically computing the cross sectional area of complex specimen geometries
- More events provide automatic voice feedback for easier test operation
- Bluehill 3 for Multi Station systems
- Improved closed loop control to achieve tighter tolerances on load, strain rate and extension control modes
- Advanced Diagnostic Tool for 5900 series to enable precise diagnosis and faster troubleshooting
- Increased range of bandwidth settings for optimized data capture
- Six new preconfigured test methods for ASTM and ISO standards in the Composites Application Module
- Help documentation available in Russian
- Support for Windows® 7 64-bit
- New Reverse soft key to reverse the crosshead motion
- Temperature units include Kelvin and Fahrenheit
- Support for automatic extensometers MFX, M300 and M500
- Access measurements to build expressions
- Option for a fourth ramp for metals testing
Bluehill 3.0 Series
- Pause and Resume soft keys for greater control with manual operation
- Offered with 3300 frames
- Supported on a Windows 7 32-bit operating system
- Supported on frames with clutches
- This is a major release with significant enhancments over Bluehill 2. See if you can upgrade!