Designed for high-capacity tension, compression, bend/flex, and shear testing, the superior design of the KN Model provides the ultimate in versatility.
- Single, ultra-large test space accommodates an assortment of specimen sizes, grips, fixtures, furnaces, and extensometry.
- Test space is conveniently located at ground level making it easy for operators to install specimens and test fixtures.
- Alignment head maintains accurate alignment of the load string over the entire stroke of the actuator.
- Advanced control electronics provide automatic recognition and calibration of transducers ensuring the proper instrument is being used and data is reliable.
- Variable pressure power supply provides pressure on-demand, reducing heat generation and power consumption during operation.
- Choice of Partner™ or Bluehill® 2 Universal Materials Testing Software provides the ultimate in ease-of-operation and flexibility.
The following aspects of the standard KN models can be customized to meet the special needs of many test applications.
- Test Space - Increase the size of most of the standard capacity models.
- Test Stroke - Increase the test stroke for long travel applications or to meet the needs of several testing applications with one testing system.
- Fixtures - Unique test fixtures may be needed for research applications.
- Test Speed - Testing structures for real life performance can demand even faster test speeds.
Please contact an Instron® representative for more details.
- Steel Bar and Plate
- Tube and Pipe
- Wire and Rod
- Wire Strand