Bend Testing of Screens and Display Panels
Screen displays are an integral part of electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, TVs, etc. OEMs are constantly pushing the envelope by introducing novel features, like curved screens. Critical information such as the flexural strength of display screens when subjected to a force is important to ensure its durability in real world applications. To gather this information, we recommend performing bend testing on display panels to determine the flexural strength, maximum force until break, and the deflection under maximum force.
- Fixtures to support various display panel sizes
- Solution to measure deflection of panels during bending
- Real time data capture of cracks on the screen during bending
- Instron offers a wide variety of three and four point bend fixtures based on size of the screen display panels used in this test.
- Various deflectometers are available including E-Series Deflectometer, LVDT Deflection sensors, and Crosshead Motion Detector Fixtures.
- Instron’s TestCam Module and camera for Bluehill® Universal is able to record and playback video allowing you to identify the load at which screen cracks during the test.
The 2810-400 flexure fixture allows a variety of flexural tests to be performed, including determination of flexural modulus,flexural strength and flexural yield strength. Easy-to-install, the three-point fixture can be modified with an optional conversion kit to provide a four-point bending conversion
- 140.5 KB
Bluehill® 3 is the newest version of Instron’s widely popular Bluehill Software, designed to meet the demands of any level of user from educators and test technicians to, quality engineers and laboratory managers. Compatible with 5900, 3300 and 5500 systems.
- 2.0 MB
5900 Universal Testing Systems are engineered for precision, built for durability, and offer the flexibility for changing requirements. They are designed with standard and optional features that increase testing efficiency and improve the testing experience for the operator. A wide range of models are available for testing capacities from < 100N up to 600kN.
- 2.8 MB