Button or Switch Testing of Electronic Devices
- Difficult specimen loading
- Slow testing speeds
- Method creation can be difficult
- Instron offers multiple XY stage solutions such as the Hybrid XY Stage (CP118156) that has the ability to move in both the X and Y axis and also rotate 360°. This gives the user flexibility to test all sides of devices that could have buttons or switches. This stage is extremely effective for testing hand-held devices like smartphones. The fixture is fully motorized and controlled using Bluehill® software. Other types of XY stages are offered based on product dimensions and test requirements.
- Instron’s Bluehill 3 offers a multiple point compression testing solution that is strictly designed to perform at high speeds. Test parameters such as return heights and button heights are specifically designed to reduce the long travel of the probe between tests and increase the total testing speed.
- Other software packages, such as TestMaster, can also be used with standard Bluehill 3 software to perform button testing, though significantly slower than the multiple point compression solution above. However, TestMaster offers the flexibility to run multiple test methods in one automated test run such as tension and compression in the same run whereas the high speed solution is strictly for compression testing.
- The multiple point compression test has the capability to program locations in X and Y coordinates using a choice input table. This enables the full automation of button testing. Results such as operating force, trigger force, and extension from start to trigger force can be recorded in one test window that allows user to observe the real-time tactility of each button.
- Single test mode enable the user to test individual points as opposed to running an entire series of points. This enables the user to fine-tune positioning and results before running all the test points at once.
The Instron® 5944 XY system with single axis rotary stage is designed to conduct multi-point compression testing at various locations of the specimen.
- 215.8 KB
2530 Series static load cells (5 -100 N) for use with 3300 and 5900 testing systems
- 372.7 KB
The Instron Automated XY Stage Testing System is designed for automated compression testing of devices and/or components with multiple test points such as medical devices, syringes, or keypads via a motorized XY stage. The XY stage easily mounts to a 5942 or 5944 single column test frame. Instron’s TestMaster Software serves as the control platform of the system and works seamlessly with Bluehill® to develop test methods, control the test,and provide results upon the end of test.
- 217.7 KB
5900 Universal Testing Systems are engineered for precision, built for durability, and offer the flexibility for changing requirements. They are designed with standard and optional features that increase testing efficiency and improve the testing experience for the operator. A wide range of models are available for testing capacities from < 100N up to 600kN.
- 2.8 MB
Instron’s TestMaster Software is the master controller and sequencer for all of our Automated Testing Systems. TestMaster seamlessly controls all aspects of an automated test sequence that includes: user interface control; I/O control of peripheral components; device control; database communications; simultaneous process states; and visual system status lights.
- 233.4 KB
Bluehill® 3 is the newest version of Instron’s widely popular Bluehill Software, designed to meet the demands of any level of user from educators and test technicians to, quality engineers and laboratory managers. Compatible with 5900, 3300 and 5500 systems.
- 2.0 MB